Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3 23 2011 Divina Providencia

Monseñor Romero, la voz del pueblo he defended his people until the end of his life.  His struggle was not in vain, people are still surviving and hoping for change.  He still remains alive in many people´s hearts today.  Living oppression, hunger, poverty and suffering are sometimes ways to make people come together and share thier beliefs and have faith.  This is my first delgation trip to El Salvador, I thought I was a positive person and encouraging.  These days its been hard for me to think of ways of how to help a never ending cycle of injustices salvadoreans have lived and are living.  However, thinking of what Sister Carmelita said to our group it made me realize I have a commitment to myself and others.  I construct the society we live, we are the power of our actions and our lives, how will we spend our lives?  I truely feel fortunate to have been able to particpate in such a meaningful trip that has changed my way of being, there is a new light that will never shut down.

¨No abandonare a mi pueblo, sino que correre con el todos los riesgos que mi ministerio exige¨ Monseñor Romero
I will not leave my people, I will run all the risks that my ministry implies.

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment